After Baby Support
Infant Massage Classes
Westmead Private Hospital is pleased to introduce our FREE Infant Massage classes for parents following the birth of their baby at Westmead Private Hospital. Our Infant Massage Class is an initiative of Westmead Private Hospital and helps new parents to understand the correct strokes, ideal timing and length of massage for their newborn baby. This class teaches specific techniques for Infant Massage to enhance the experience for both you and your new baby. Classes are designed for babies between 6 and 8 weeks old (corrected gestation).
Classes are held in the conference room on weekday mornings and do require booking through our maternity bookings website. Class numbers are limited. Class length is approximately 2 hours and are conducted by our childbirth and parenting educators who are trained in infant massage.
If you are attending the class please note:
- Bring a plastic backed baby change mat for use on the yoga mats when providing infant massage.
- Wear comfortable clothing as massage will be conducted on the carpeted floor.
- Infant massage oil will be provided for you for use in the class.
- Refreshments will not be provided.
We look forward to seeing you at our infant massage class
Support Clinic for New Mothers
The Support Clinic for New Mothers offers a free drop in service for all mothers during the first 6 weeks following the birth of your baby at Westmead Private.
Support is available for new mothers with everyday feeding and parenting challenges and is provided by expert Midwives and Lactation Consultants.
Location: Maternity Tutorial Room
When: Tuesday & Thursday 10am and 12pm
Conditions: Bookings are essential - Call 02 8837 9790 to arrange an appointment
Before you leave hospital
Please make sure you have the following:
- All personal belongings
- All personal radiology films (e.g. ultrasounds)
- All current medications
- Discharge summary – of which you will authorise your hospital stay information to be sent to both your General Practitioner and your Early Childhood Centre.
- On the way out, please see staff at Reception, located on the ground floor, to complete any discharge information
Remember: If you have any excessive pain or are generally concerned about your condition after you leave hospital please contact your obstetrician, paediatrician, your GP or ring the hospital directly.
In conjunction with Westmead Private Physiotherapy Services we offer 3 FREE Mums and Bubs Pilates Classes for women following birth at Westmead Private Hospital to make exercise as accessible as possible for new mums. The classes aim to improves fitness, strength, build core strength to reduce backache while also helping with continence and pelvic floor dysfunctions.
Classes are held on Wednesday from 11am – 12noon and Friday 10am – 11am in the Conference Room of Westmead Private Hospital. To register for classes call 96331035.