Our Maternity Unit
Maternity Services at Westmead Private Hospital have been serving our community since 2000. Our Maternity services have been developed to provide flexibility and choice with a focus on you and your baby’s individualised care.
Westmead Private’s maternity team is comprised of experienced clinicians committed to delivering a quality standard of care to provide the finest birthing and parenting experience for you.
The hospital also offers a range of childbirth and parenting programs which aim to prepare you for the birth of your child and adjustments to family life. Classes include a tour of the maternity unit.
Our purpose-designed unit offers new parents an environment that relaxes and reassures, and also offers the security of a special care nursery and adult intensive care should the need arise.
The Maternity Unit comprises:
- 6 birthing suites
- 32 bed antenatal/ post natal unit
- 10 cot Special Care Nursery
- Maternity tutorial room
- All private rooms with ensuite
Guaranteed Private Room
Westmead Private Hospital is pleased to offer all of our maternity patients the guarantee of a private room following the birth of their baby.
Stage 2 Development Underway
We are pleased to announce that a multimillion dollar development is underway at Westmead Private Hospital.
This phase will deliver a luxury Maternity Unit expansion, which will include:
- 31 additional maternity rooms, including 8 spacious parenting suites
- 14 cot special care nursery
- Garden area for patients and families to enjoy
- New educational & lactation feeding areas
- 11 new surgical rooms. Following our expansion we will offer 100% single rooms throughout the hospital
Whilst we are improving our hospital facilities and investing in the future of your health, it will be business as usual for all aspects of the hospital.