Stage 2 Development Underway
Feb 05, 2018
OPENING 4TH MARCH 2019
For the first time, expectant mums and dads can see how a luxury hotel-style Sydney maternity service will look when it opens on 4th March 2019.
A new fly-through animation video has been released as construction of the spectacular development at Westmead Private Hospital nears completion.
The maternity unit expansion includes:
- 31 additional maternity rooms, including 8 spacious parenting suites
- 14 cot special care nursery, for babies who need extra care the SNC will be equipped with the latest technology and enhanced privacy and comfort
- Garden area for patients and families to enjoy
- New educational & lactation feeding areas
- 11 new surgical rooms. Following our expansion we will offer 100% single rooms throughout the hospital
Westmead Private Hospital CEO Mike Flatley said the development has been designed with the whole family in mind – in addition to the mother, partner, and baby.
"Our luxury maternity unit includes a garden area for families and loved ones to enjoy. Overall, the expansion creates an environment that is modern, spacious, and supported by experienced doctors and midwives."
"We have the unique advantage of being close to the Children's Hospital at Westmead, which means our mums and bubs receive the highest standard of private hospital care while being able to access tertiary level care facilities, such as NICU, if required.
Westmead Private has an Infant Feeding and Support Centre which empowers, promotes and educates women with infant feeding and parenting skills during their hospital stay.
Other fantastic offers include:
- Three FREE post-birth Pilates classes for mums and bubs.
- FREE infant massage workshops.
- An extensive post-natal education program including preparation for home, bathing, settling and feeding.
- A new Maternity Short Stay Package for uninsured Medicare-only patients. This includes a 2 night stay, private room, gourmet meals, partner accommodation, and post-natal classes.
Link to the new fly-through
More about Westmead Maternity
Whilst we are improving our hospital facilities and investing in the future of your health, it will be business as usual for all aspects of the hospital.