Westmead Private Hospital is committed to providing high quality, personalised care for patients who require orthopaedic surgery.
The group of highly experienced and talented orthopaedic surgeons who operate at Westmead Private Hospital work closely with our team of skilled nurses and physiotherapists to deliver personalised, high quality care.
Our comprehensive onsite medical and nursing support, teamed with our “one-on-one”, seven days a week physiotherapy care and low infection rates has allowed Westmead Private to develop as an orthopaedic and joint replacement centre of excellence.
Our orthopaedic team ensure that patients are well prepared prior to their surgery. A personalised plan of management is developed for each patients hospital stay, including prior to admission, whilst in hospital and through to discharge.
Some of the common conditions and treatments regularly performed by Westmead Private Specialists include:
- Robot Assisted Knee Replacement
- Stealth Navigated Knee and Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Knee Hemiarthroplasty
- Knee & Hip Arthroscopy
- Meniscal Repair
- ACL / PCL / MCL Reconstruction
- Femur / Tibia & Fibular Fracture
- Scoliosis Tethering
- Anterior / Posterior Scoliosis Correction
- Minimally Invasive Robot Assisted Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Stealth Navigated Fusion
- Cervical Disk Replacement
- Anterior / Posterior Cervical Fusion
- Posterior Thoracic / Lumbar Fusion
- Cervical / Thoracic / Lumbar Laminectomy
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Anterior / Posterior / Lateral Interbody Fusion
- Posterior / Lateral Stealth Navigated Interbody Fusion
- Spinal Decompression
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Stabilisation ( Labral Repair )
- AC Joint Reconstruction
- Subacromial Decompression
- Laterjet Procedure
- Biceps & Triceps Repair
- Clavicle Fracture
- Shoulder Fracture
- Shoulder Replacement ( Reverse & Anatomical )
- Ankle & Mid Foot Fracture
- MTP & TMT Joint Fusion
- Toes correction
- Calcaneus Osteotomy
- Ligament Reconstruction
- Tendon Repair
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Elbow & Wrist Joint Replacement
- Elbow & Wrist Arthroscopy
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Hand , Wrist & Elbow Fracture
- Nerve Decompression & Repair
- Tendon Transposition & Repair
- ACL / MCL / PCL & PFL Reconstruction
- Paediatric & Adolescent Fracture
- Femoral / Tibial Epiphysidesis
- Femoral / Tibial Hemi Epiphysidesis
- Pelvic Osteotomy & Internal Fixation
- Spica Casting for Hip Dysplasia
- Knock knee
- Clubfoot Repair
- Congenital Foot & Hand Deformities
- Achilles Tendon Lengthening for Toe Walking
- Trigger fingers & Toes
Our team of orthopaedic surgeons include general orthopaedic surgeons as well as sub-speciality surgeons in knee, hip, shoulder, spine, hand, ankle and foot. You can search for an Orthopaedic Surgeon now using our Specialist Listing website search function.
On the ward our highly trained orthopaedic physiotherapists provide early involvement to assist patients to regain movement, strength and maximize independence following injury or surgery.
The physiotherapists from Westmead Private Physiotherapy Services work in partnership with the doctors and nurses to provide personal care to facilitate optimal recovery. This may include; exercises, prescription of walking aids, gait re-education, education on slings and braces and advice on do’s and don’ts, referral to outpatient services as appropriate.
Our team's priority is your recovery and safe discharge to a rehabilitation centre or home.
You may need ongoing physiotherapy and support prior to returning home and this is available at a number of rehabilitation centres. This will be discussed with you during your hospital stay and should this be required you will be visited by the Discharge Planner who will be able to give you all the relevant information. Contact: 02 8837 8906.