Westmead Private Hospital has engaged the services of a Clinical Psychologist to assist with our pre and postnatal mums if the need arises.
This service is offered by Rebecca Wheeler from RWA Psychology – Family Matters. Rebecca is a clinical psychologist with a special interest in supporting parents with their experiences of parenting – from contemplating conception, pregnancy & birth through to adjusting to both the joys and demands of parenting.
Rebecca works with parents who simply need support during this period as well as those with stronger needs including birth trauma, perinatal loss, perinatal anxiety and depression and parent-infant relationships. She has over 20 years’ experience and is the principal psychologist and Director of RWA Psychology. Rebecca has a team of psychologists working with her, providing both perinatal support as well as for children, adolescents, adults and couples.
RWA Psychology services include:
- Individual appointments in person or via Telehealth (videocall)
- In hospital consultation if needs require
- Together with Baby – A 5-week cues-based, relational program using nurturing touch to support early baby/parent relationships.
- Circle of Security parenting program (0-5 years)
Download Perinatal Services document
On-line support groups:
- Connecting Pregnant Women & Mumma’s to be
- Connecting Mumma’s
T: 02 9980 1400
F: 02 9980 1405