Westmead Private Hospital is committed to planning and providing a comprehensive childbirth and parenting program to prepare parents for the birth of their child. Classes include a tour of the maternity unit. Our educators are all experienced clinicians.
At Westmead Private we recommend attendance at education sessions after 30 weeks gestation. To avoid disappointment please book classes as soon as possible once you have received your letter confirming your hospital booking.
Select a program title below for more details:
Bookings and more information
Please book the required classes as soon as possible to ensure your preferred placement by using the ‘Book a Class’ tab. Class numbers are restricted to maintain a personal and conducive teaching environment.
- If your partner is unable to attend a particular session, you may bring another support person (over 18 years of age). We also ask that you or your partner do not attend classes if you are unwell or suffering from known diseases such as chickenpox, whooping cough, measles or shingles.
- The cost of the classes includes educational material and light refreshments
- During the all day workshop, morning tea, and lunch are provided
- Receipts for your classes will be given following completion of your program
- A refund for classes may be possible depending on your level of cover with your health fund. Please check with your health fund
For any enquiries regarding classes, or to book into a class please email us at ChildbirthClass.WMP@ramsayhealth.com.au. Confirmation of your booking will be by return email.
Book a Class