Westmead Private Hospital is committed to planning and providing a comprehensive childbirth and parenting program to prepare parents for the birth of their child.
To avoid disappointment please book these sessions as soon as possible once you have received your email confirming your hospital booking. We recommend attendance at education sessions after 30/32 weeks gestation to obtain optimal benefit from these sessions.
Please note that these sessions are for Westmead Private Maternity patients only. We cannot accept bookings from patients who are not booked at Westmead Private.
We recommend attending one or more of the following sessions (click through for session descriptions and booking details)
Bookings and more information
Please book the required sessions as soon as possible to ensure your preferred placement by using the ‘Book a Class’ tab. Childbirth Session numbers are restricted to maintain a personal and conducive teaching environment.
- If your partner is unable to attend a particular session, you may bring another support person (over 18 years of age). We also ask that you or your partner do not attend these sessions if you are unwell or suffering from known diseases such as Covid, chickenpox, whooping cough, measles or shingles.
- The cost of Childbirth & Parenting Sessions is $330 (excluding BUPA patients). All other sessions are $60.00 each. This includes educational material and light refreshments.
- During the weekend sessions, morning tea, and a light lunch are provided. Supper is provided for weeknight sessions onsite.
- Receipts for your sessions will be given following completion of your program
- A refund for these sessions may be possible depending on your level of cover with your health fund. Please check with your health fund
For any enquiries regarding childbirth sessions, or to book into a session please email us at ChildbirthClass.WMP@ramsayhealth.com.au. Confirmation of your booking will be by return email.
Book a Class