Preparing to leave hospital
The expected discharge time is 9:00am. Please arrange your transport home by 9:00am. Patients remaining after this time are welcome to use the Discharge Lounge.
Important information on discharge day
Before you leave hospital, please make sure you have the following:
- a discharge letter
- all personal belongings
- all personal x-rays
- all current medications
- follow-up appointment requirements
On your way out, please see staff at the Front Reception, ground floor foyer to complete the discharge process.
Discharge planning services
Westmead Private Hospital has a team of staff to help you with discharge. The ward staff can assist you plan for your discharge and if required rehabilitation at another facility.
- Hunters Hill Private Hospital - 9 Mount St, Hunters Hill - Ph: 8876 9301
- Mt Wilga Private Hospital - 2 Manor Rd, Hornsby - Ph: 9847 5000
- Castlecrag Private Hospital - 150 Edinburgh Rd, Castlecrag - Ph: 9935 0200
- Westmead Rehabilitation Centre - 7 Coleman Street, Merrylands - Ph: 8833 3555
Please notify ward staff as soon as possible if you require any assistance for rehabilitation on discharge.
If you have any concerns about your progress when you return home, please contact your GP or referring specialist (or the hospital if directed by the nursing staff).
After hours, please contact your nearest hospital emergency department.