Dr. Brighton completed his medical degree at the University of NSW in 1986. After finishing the orthopaedic training scheme in Sydney in 1995, he continued his training overseas first at the Orthopaedic and Arthritic Hospital in Toronto, Canada and then at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London where he held the commonwealth Fellowship.
His particular interests are:
- Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hip and Knee including minimally invasive techniques,
- specialises in Arthroscopic knee surgery and sports medicine knee surgery.
- has expertise in the treatment of HIP DISEASE in adults.
- Revision Joint Replacement
- Has had specific training in the technique of the BIRMINGHAM HIP
This form of hip replacement offers a more conservative bone sparing approach to joint replacement of the hip in the younger more active patient with hip arthritis.