A/Professor Saurabh Kumar is a Cardiologist with an interest in Cardiac Electrophysiology, He is a Staff Specialist and Program Director for Ventricular Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death at Westmead Hospital and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney and the translational electrophysiology lead at the Westmead Applied Research Centre, University of Sydney
- Catheter ablation of all forms of atrial arrhythmias (atrial fibrillation, flutter, atrial tachycardia), ventricular arrhythmias (ventricular extra-systoles, sustained ventricular tachycardia), and supraventricular tachycardias (accessory pathways, atrio-ventricular nodal re-entrant tachycardias)
- Cardiac device implantation and follow up including pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac resynchronisation therapy devices and the newly available, totally external subcutaneous defibrillator
- Management of familial cardiomyopathies such as idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy and arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy as well as inherited arrhythmia syndromes such as Long QT and Brugada syndromes
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Thesis of 2013 (University of Melbourne)
- Ralph Reader Prize from the Cardiac Society of ANZ in 2012
- American College of Cardiology Young Author Award 2018
- A/Prof. Kumar has more than 150 publications (2977 citations) pertaining to cardiac arrhythmias in prominent international peer-reviewed cardiology journals such as Circulation, the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, The Lancet and European Heart Journal in addition to the top Cardiac Electrophysiology Textbook, “Zipes: from Cell to Bedside”
- Faculty speaker at the Annual Scientific Sessions of the Heart Rhythm Society, Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand and the Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society, Korean Heart Heart Rhythm Society, and the Japanese Heart Rhythm Society
- Guest editor for Heart, Lung & Circulation Journal, the official journal of the Cardiac Society of ANZ
- Editorial board member of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Clinical Electrophysiology, International Journal of Cardiology, Heart Rhythm Case Reports, Journal of Arrhythmia.
- Chair of the Heart Rhythm Council, Cardiac Society of ANZ.
- Supervisor of Masters and PhD students in cardiac electrophysiology