Dr Jong Woo is a specialist general surgeon at Auburn Hospital and Westmead Private Hospital. He has a special interest in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery including cholecystectomy, hernia surgery, and bowel resection in addition to various general surgical procedures. He is accredited with GESA for a diagnostic endoscopy and colonoscopy.
He completed his surgical training at Westmead Hospital and acquired a Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in general surgery in 2018. He subsequently undertook a year of fellowship in Trauma and Acute care surgery at Westmead Hospital. He is also a fully qualified general surgeon in Korea having completed surgical training at Samsung Medical Centre, one of the leading medical institutions in the country in 2004. He is fluent in Korean.
Dr Woo has recently returned to Sydney after one year of successful public and private practice in Bathurst. He is known for his warm smile, thorough clinical assessment and expert surgical skills.
- Endoscopy/ Colonoscopy – GESA accredited
- Laparoscopic/open hernia surgery (Inguinal, incisional, umbilical hernias)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic bowel resection (benign, malignant)
- Thyroid/ Parathyroid surgery
- Skin cancers – Local flaps or Skin graft (under local anaesthesia)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, Ganglion cyst, Dupuytren’s contracture
- Varicose veins (Open surgery/ RFA Endovenous ablation)
- Pilonidal disease, lipomas, Epidermoid cyst excision