Dr Murugesan is an Australian trained General & Colorectal Surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopic and robotic).
He undertook his general surgical training at two large Tertiary Hospitals - St George and Liverpool Hospital in Sydney, Australia, where he trained under the mentorship of several pre-eminent surgeons. He has sub-specialty training in Colorectal Surgery at two high volume centres – Royal North Shore Hospital (Sydney, Australia) and St James’s University Hospital (Leeds, United Kingdom). Dr Murugesan also has a Master of Surgery (MS) from the University of Sydney and is accredited by Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA) for adult gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
He can provide assistance for your patients in the following areas:
- Colorectal Surgery
- Colo & rectal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Proctology – anal fistula, abscess, fissure, haemorrhoids
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Obstructive defecation
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic and open surgery
- Gall bladder
- Pilonidal sinus
- Benign lump
- Ingrown toenail
- Colonoscopy & Gastroscopy
- Robotic Surgery
- Hernia Repair
- Work Cover
- Robotic surgery for hernia
- Painless haemorrhoid surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery for pilonidal sinus
- Management of pelvic floor disorders
Dr Murugesan consults from Westmead and Wentworthville.