Dr Wei Li is an experienced gynaecologist and obstetrician with nearly twenty years of experience.
She obtained the Bachelor Degree of Clinical Medicine in China Medical University in 1994. In 1998, she was appointed as an advanced trainee in the endoscopy unit in the Shengjing Hospital China. She performed and assisted hundreds of gynaecological operations before completing her master’s degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2001. Migrating to Australia in 2002 and after more than a decade of dedicated and focused study, work and further training in Australia, she is now in a position to offer high standard care to her patients. She always involves her patients in the discussion of management options in the most practical way.
Dr Li is devoted to help women to achieve normal vaginal birth, avoid 3rd and 4th degree perineal tears. She also promotes safe birthing for mother and baby. She sees antenatal patients at Burwood room and St George Private Hospital consultation room. She delivers babies at St George Hospital and Westmead Private Hospital.
- All benign gynaecological conditions
- Diagnosis and treatment for pre cancer changes of uterus and cervix.
- Infertility workup and treatment (except IVF)
- Hysterectomy (keyhole, vaginal approach mainly)
- Key hole procedures for pelvic pain, ovarian disease
- Surgery for pelvic organ prolapse
- Antenatal care of low risk and high risk pregnancies